Using the Gravity Forms Block
To add the Gravity Forms block to the Visual Editor, you will need to do the following in your WordPress admin panel:
- Purchase and download Gravity Forms from http://www.gravityforms.com/. Then install and activate the plugin.
- Create at least one form using the Forms menu.
It is also recommended that once you have activated Gravity Forms, you switch off its CSS output so it will use your Headway styles. To do this:
- Click Installed Plugins in the Plugins menu.
- Click Settings beneath Gravity Forms.
- Click No for Output CSS.
- Click the Save Settings button.
The Form Setup subtab provides the block-specific settings for the Gravity Forms block.
Note the following alternatives:
- Form To Display. The forms you have created are listed. If you have created a form while viewing the current layout, it won't be listed until you refresh the layout.
- Display Form Title. You have the option to display the title you specified in the WordPress admin panel. This title will be rendered on the page as an h3, so you will want to style it in Design Mode accordingly.
- Click the Config subtab and enter a block title, which uses h1 tags.
- If you want the title to be the page title so it's styled like other page titles, add a content block with default settings to the layout above your Gravity Forms block. The content block will then display the page title (and no other content if you left the page empty in WordPress).
- Display Form Description. Enable this setting to include the description you entered for this form in the WordPress admin panel.
- Use AJAX. Enabling this option will help your form submission run more quickly. However, don't use AJAX if you want your form to be accessible.
This article was last updated for Headway version 3.5.5.